Carbon offset with Klimate
Klappir has partnered with Klimate to support carbon offsetting through their extensive portfolio of carbon offsetting projects.
Working with our green partners
Klimate sources, analyses and finances carbon removal projects from all over the world to support and scale the best solutions. Klimate’s portfolios include various carbon removal methods, from planting trees in a forest to more complex Direct Air Capture projects, all valid and in line with international practices that are recognized by Icelandic and international authorities.
Klimate was founded on the realisation that a lot of good money is being wasted on bad offsets. This is wasteful at best, and greenwashing at worst.
Klimate mission is to help companies do better when they do good.
Klimate is a small team of professionals dedicated to making a dent in the climate challenge. Each have their own specialties but are all motivated by the same thing: Using business and technology to make a positive impact on reducing climate change.
Klimate sources, analyses, and finances carbon removal projects from all over the world to support and scale the best solutions. Klimate’s portfolios include various carbon removal methods, from planting trees in a forest to more complex Direct Air Capture projects.
In short with Klimate you get:
- Better carbon removal deals: Klimate buys carbon removal in bulk on behalf of all its clients and negotiates with suppliers to get the best deal.
- Access to experts: Klimate has sustainability science experts who validate and look into the climate impact, co-benefits, and outlook of each carbon removal project they offer
- Less time spent: Projects are complex and costly to analyse, source, and manage. Klimate saves companies days of work by doing this for them and combining projects in a “ready to buy” portfolio.
- Full transparency: Klimate’s public record of carbon removal gives companies the option to offer complete transparency to their stakeholders. This builds trust and ensures the credibility of companies’ efforts
Do I need to use Klimate for my carbon offset?
Reducing your emissions is the most important action, but the science agrees: reducing is not enough. If you wish to become carbon neutral, you need to remove unavoidable emissions. This is where Klimate comes in. Klimate focuses on carbon removal, as opposed to avoidance, which means that you are actively taking CO₂ from the atmosphere.
Klimate combines multiple methods in portfolios, through high-quality projects, which enables clients to:
- Send a market signal by using frontier technology
- Reduce threat of greenwashing by going beyond trees
- Set a feasible cost, matching budget and ambition
- Predict size of investment moving forward
How can I be sure that the carbon project is valid?
Klimate has built a robust and scalable analysis framework to identify future-proof carbon removal projects, thus ensuring the highest-quality carbon removal. When analysing projects, Klimate looks into:
- Climate impact: Klimate evaluates the permanence and rapidity of carbon removal projects to determine the impact they have on climate change
- Co-benefits: beyond carbon removal, Klimate evaluates the social and environmental benefits that carbon removal projects generate
- Validation: Klimate analyses the accounting and verification procedures of carbon removal projects to ensure sound and credible projects
- Outlook: Klimate evaluates the potential benefits and risks of the carbon removal projects and technologies to futureproof your investment